You are here: Home >
Video: Demonstration of the Rapidly Shrinking Dangerous Fallout Zone after an IND Detonation
Video: Demonstration of the Rapidly Shrinking Dangerous Fallout Zone after an IND Detonation (0:29)
About this video:
- Source: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- This video animation shows a hypothetical 10kT detonation near an American city, with the relevant response zones surrounding the epicenter.
- Notice the time (hours:minutes) after detonation in the upper right hand corder of the video.
- Physical Damage zones
- Red: Severe Damage Zone
- Orange: Moderate Damage Zone
- Yellow: Light Damage Zone
- Radiation Fallout Zones
- Dark purple: Dangerous Fallout Zone (bounded by >10 R/hour line)
- Light purple: Fallout zone (bounded by 0.01 R/h line)