About this video:
- Source: DHS/FEMA and DOE Transportation Emergency Preparedness Program (TEPP)
- 2:53 minute video with a companion text User Guide (PDF - 696 KB)
- Demonstrates generic handling and management of victims contaminated with radioactive material
- Scenario involves very few victims.
- Mass casualty radiation emergencies may require procedure modifications.
- Techniques are generic, and best used to supplement local training materials and procedures.
- Video refers to Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) version 2000 for first responders
This excellent video and guide are generally targeted at those responding to incidents with very few victims.
Implementation of all the guidance recommendations may not be completely feasible for some of the very large, mass casualty incidents covered by REMM, such as an IND.