What's New on REMM?
- Key changes are noted below.
- Many more updates and changes appear throughout REMM.
- Initial Actions for Responders after Nuclear Detonation
- Multimedia: many new videos and graphics including
- 13 new teaching videos from DOE / Transportation Emergency Preparedness Program (TEPP); all videos now on the REMM web site AND REMM YouTube channel
- Basic information about radiation
- Response activities when caring for a patient contaminated with radiation
- Shipping radioactive materials
- Special DOE programs for shipping radioactive materials.
- Links to various new CDC teaching materials
- Protective Actions and Protective Action Guides: page redone
- Information and tables completely re-organized
- EPA PAG Manual Interim Guidance included
- Burn Triage and Treatment: Thermal Injuries
- Legal Advisors for Medical Response to Mass Casualty Incident: new references and 2 new sections including
- Assessment of state and local laws regarding management of persons during radiation incidents including legal authority to decontaminate and quarantine (CDC and partners)
- Emergency declaration authorities across all states and DC (The Network for Public Health Law)
- Nuclear Detonation: Weapons, Improvised Nuclear Devices
- Dictionary of Radiation Terms: 2 new key references
- NCRP glossary of radiation terms
- NCRP acronyms list
- Biodosimetry References:
- Software Tools for Radiation Incident Response:
- Additional applications listed for biodosimetry, managing incidents, and recording radiation levels.
- Incident Command System and Hospital (Emergency) Incident Command System
- Page reorganized, new guidance
- Links to HICS, Fifth edition, 2014: expanded to meet the needs of all hospitals, regardless of their size, location or patient care capabilities (California EMSA)
- Mental Health Professionals
Previous updates for REMM
- REMM April, 2014 updates
- REMM 2013 updates
- REMM December, 2012 updates
- REMM January, 2012 updates
- REMM 2011 updates
- REMM 2010 updates
- REMM 2009 updates
- REMM 2008 updates