- Since most victims of large mass casualty radiation emergencies would not be wearing personal dosimeters, other methods must be used to estimate the dose they received.
- Units of measure for dose received
- After external exposure: gray (or rad) and sievert (or rem)
- After internal contamination: various units including Committed Effective Dose Equivalent (CEDE)
- After both external exposure and internal contamination: various units including Total Effective Dose Equivalent (TEDE)
See REMM Biodosimetry Reference List