- Ninety percent of surface radiation contamination is usually removed by shedding all clothing.
- Showering will usually remove the remainder of surface contamination.
- Use approved techniques for full body radiation surveys and showering.
- Additional procedures are necessary if there are open wounds or injuries.
- Up to three decontamination and survey cycles are recommended.
- Be sure the water temperature of the shower is sufficiently warm.
- Special considerations are needed for decontaminating children.
- Be especially cautious about the water temperature with children.
- Video: Decontamination of children