REMM Bibliography - Books, Handbooks, Pamphlets, Pocket Guides
Books about radiation medical response
- Medical Consequences of Radiological and Nuclear Weapons (Textbook of Military Medicine, Office of the Surgeon General, Department of the Army, USA, 2012) (Link goes to Table of Contents)
- Christensen DM, Sugarman SL, O'Hara FM, eds.: The Medical Basis for Radiation-Accident Preparedness/Medical Management, Proceedings of the Fifth International REAC/TS Symposium on the Medical Basis for Radiation-Accident Preparedness and the Biodosimetry Workshop, September 2011 in Miami, Florida, Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU), Oak Ridge, TN 37830, published 2013
- Mickelson AB, ed., Medical Consequences of Radiological and Nuclear Weapons, Textbook of Military Medicine series; Office of the Surgeon General, Department of the Army, United States of America, Falls Church, VA, and Borden Institute, Fort Detrick, Maryland, 2012.
- Shrieve DC, Loeffler JS, eds.: Human Radiation Injury, Wolters Kluwer | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA, 2011.
- Mettler FA Jr, Upton AC: Medical Effects of Ionizing Radiation, 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa: Saunders Elsevier, 2008.
- Gusev IA, Guskova AK, Mettler FA Jr, eds.: Medical Management of Radiation Accidents, 2nd ed. Boca Raton, Fl: CRC Press, 2001.
- Hall EJ, Giaccia AJ: Radiobiology for the Radiologist, 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2006.
- Ricks RC, Berger ME, O'Hara FM Jr, eds.: The Medical Basis for Radiation-Accident Preparedness: The Clinical Care of Victims. Proceedings of the Fourth International REAC/TS Conference on the Medical Basis for Radiation-Accident Preparedness, March 2001, Orlando, Florida. New York, NY: Parthenon Publishing Group, 2002.
- Browne D, Weiss JF, MacVittie TJ, Pillai MV, eds.: Treatment of Radiation Injuries. Proceedings of the First Consensus Development Conference on the Treatment of Radiation Injuries, Washington, D.C., May 10-13, 1989; New York, NY: Plenum Press, 1990.
- MacVittie TJ, Weiss JF, Browne D, eds.: Advances in the Treatment of Radiation Injuries. Proceedings of the Second Consensus Development Conference on the Treatment of Radiation Injuries, Bethesda, MD, April 14-17, 1993; Tarrytown, NY: Pergamon/Elsevier, 1996.
- Glasstone S, Dolan PJ: The Effects of Nuclear Weapons, 3rd ed. Washington, D.C.: US Government Printing Office, 1977.
- Walker RI, Cerveny TJ, eds.: Part I, Vol. 2, Medical Consequences of Nuclear Warfare. In: Zajtchuk R, Jenkins DP, Bellamy RF, Ingram VM, eds.: Textbook of Military Medicine. Falls Church, VA: Office of the Surgeon General, Department of the Army, United States of America, 1989.
- Solomon F, Marston RQ, eds.: The Medical Implications of Nuclear War. Steering Committee for the Symposium on the Medical Implications of Nuclear War, Institute of Medicine, 1986.
- Glasstone S, Dolan PJ, The Effects of Nuclear Weapons, 3rd ed. Washington, D.C.: US Government Printing Office, 1977.
top of page
Handbooks about radiation medical response
- The Medical Aspects of Radiation Incidents (PDF - 1.16 MB) (The Radiation Emergency Assistance Center/Training Site [REAC/TS] - April 2011)
- Medical Management of Radiological Casualties, Fourth Edition (PDF - 895 KB) (AFRRI, July 2013)
- Minnesota Radiological Emergency Preparedness (REP): Emergency Worker Handbook (PDF - 2.13 MB) (Minnesota Department of Public Safety / Homeland Security Emergency Management Program)
- This guide includes information about responding to a radiological emergency at one of the nuclear power plants in Minnesota.
- The Medical NBC Battlebook (US Army CHPPM Technical Guide 244, August 2002)
- Handbook for responding to a radiological dispersal device first responder's guide — the first 12 hours
(Conference of Radiation Control Program Directors, Inc., September 2006)
- Triage, Monitoring and Treatment of people exposed to ionising radiation following a malevolent act (PDF - 11 MB) (TMT Handbook Partners, March 2009)
- Protecting people against radiation exposure in the event of a radiological attack, ICRP Publication 96, Ann. ICRP 35(1), 2005. (International Commission on Radiological Protection)
- Assessing Medical Preparedness to Respond to a Terrorist Nuclear Event. Workshop Report. (Institute of Medicine of the National Academies. June 15, 2009)
- Fliedner TM, Friesecke I, Beyrer K. Medical Management of Radiation Accidents: Manual on the Acute Radiation Syndrome. (METREPOL) (PDF - 970 KB) (originally published by Oxford: British Institute of Radiology; 2001) Compendium to the main METREPOL document (PDF - 580 KB)
- NATO Handbook on the Medical Aspects of NBC Defensive Operations (Part 1 - Nuclear), (AMEDP-6(B)), (Departments of the Army, Navy, and Air Force), Washington, DC, 1996.
top of page
Pamphlets & pocket guides about radiation medical response
top of page