REMM Bibliography - History of Radiation Incidents
Bibliography and Overview
top of page
- IAEA information on Fukushima Nuclear Accident (IAEA)
- Report of the United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR), General Assembly Official Records, 68th session, Supplement No. 46 (See year 2013, select Report A/68/46)
- See chapter III (page 7- 16) for excellent UNSCEAR summary report on the levels and effects of radiation exposure due to the nuclear accident after the 2011 great east-Japan earthquake and tsunami.
- UNSCEAR Press Briefing on Fukushima, May 31, 2013, YouTube video. Scientific discussion begins at 4 min 45 secs.
- Health Physics News, The Boice Report #11, Aprils 2013: Summary of the NCRP February 2013 Fukushima Conference (PDF - 155 KB)
- Gonzalez A, Akashi M, Boice JD, et al. Radiological protection issues arising during and after the Fukushima nuclear reactor accident. J Radiol Prot. 2013 Jun 27;33(3):497-571. [PubMed Citation]
- Wilson T, Chang F, Berro A, et al. US screening of international travelers for radioactive contamination after the Japanese nuclear plant disaster in March 2011. Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2012 Oct;6(3):291-6. [PubMed Citation]
- Akiba S. Epidemiological studies of Fukushima residents exposed to ionising radiation from the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant prefecture--a preliminary review of current plans. J Radiol Prot. 2012 Mar;32(1):1-10. [PubMed Citation]
- Fukushima Nuclear Reactor Radiation Crisis: A National Review of the U.S. Domestic Public Health and Medical Response (PDF - 1.01 MB) (Association of State and Territorial Heath Officials, May 2012)
- The Journal of Radiological Protection published a special subsection of the March 2012 issue with 22 excellent articles on the Japanese Fukushima nuclear power plant incident (based on the September 2011 International Expert Symposium in Fukushima: Radiation and Health Risks) J Radiol Prot. 2012 Jun;32(1) (special section)
- Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster (Wikipedia)
- Becker SM. Learning from the 2011 Great East Japan Disaster: insights from a special radiological emergency assistance mission. Biosecur Bioterror. 2011 Dec;9(4):394-404. [PubMed Citation]