REMM Bibliography - Radiation Safety
- Physics and radiation safety
- Federal protective action guides (PAGS) for radiation incidents: key federal documents
- Key National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements (NCRP) documents about radiation emergencies
- See also:
Physics and radiation safety
- Bushberg JT, Kroger LA, Hartman MB, Leidholdt EM Jr, Miller KL, Derlet R, Wraa C. Nuclear/radiological terrorism: Emergency department management of radiation casualties. J Emerg Med. 2007 Jan;32(1):71-85. [PubMed Citation]
- Factors that decrease dose from exposure: Time, distance, shielding
- Ionizing radiation - standards (OSHA)
- General principles for the radiation protection of workers
(International Commission on Radiological Protection, ICRP Publication 75, 1998)
- Assessment of occupational exposure due to intakes of radionuclides safety guide (PDF - 316 KB) (IAEA Safety Reports Series No. RS-G-1.2, 1999)
- Assessment of occupational exposure due to external sources of radiation safety guide (PDF - 307 KB) (IAEA Safety Standards Series No. RS-G-1.3, 1999)
- Radiation Shielding (Animation, Illustrations, Video)
- Safety around radiation sources (REAC/TS)
- Maiello ML, Groves KL "Ken". Resources for nuclear and radiation disaster response (PDF - 143 KB) (Nuclear News, September 2006)
- How can you detect radiation? (Health Physics Society)
PowerPoint® files can be viewed with Microsoft® PowerPoint® or with PowerPoint Online.
Federal protective action guides (PAGs) for radiation incidents: key federal documents
- PAG Manual: Protective Action Guides and Planning Guidance for Radiological Incidents, EPA-400/R-17/001 (PDF - 1.48 MB) (EPA, January 2017)
- Planning Guidance for Protection and Recovery Following Radiological Dispersal Device (RDD) and Improvised Nuclear Device (IND) Incidents (PDF - 519 KB) (DHS/FEMA, published in Federal Register, August 1, 2008, Z-RIN 1660-ZA02)
- Planning Guidance for Response to a Nuclear Detonation, Second edition, 6/2010 (PDF - 2.62 MB) (National Security Staff, Interagency Policy Coordination Subcommittee for Preparedness & Response to Radiological and Nuclear Threats)
- See also:
Key National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements (NCRP) Documents about Radiation Emergencies
- Guidance for Emergency Response Dosimetry, (NCRP Report 179), Bethesda, MD, 2017.
- Decision Making for Late-Phase Recovery from Major Nuclear or Radiological Incidents, (NCRP Report No. 175), Bethesda, MD, 2014.
- Investigating Radiological Incidents, (NCRP Report No. 173), Bethesda, MD, 2012.
- Population Monitoring and Radionuclide Decorporation Following a Radiological or Nuclear Incident, (NCRP Report No. 166), Bethesda, MD, 2011.
- Responding to a Radiological or Nuclear Terrorism Incident: A Guide for Decision Makers (PDF - 1.61 MB) (NCRP Report No. 165), Bethesda, MD, 2010.
- Uncertainties in Internal Radiation Dose Assessment (NCRP Report No. 164), Bethesda, MD, 2009.
- Radiation Dose Reconstruction: Principles and Practices (NCRP Report No. 163), Bethesda, MD, 2009.
- Management of Persons Contaminated with Radionuclides: Scientific and Technical Bases (NCRP Report No. 161, Vol. II), Bethesda, MD, 2010.
- Management of Persons Contaminated with Radionuclides: Handbook (NCRP Report No. 161, Vol. I), Bethesda, MD, 2008.