Download REMM to Your iPad
Step by Step Instructions for Downloading REMM to Your iPadOpen GoodReader on your iPad. (See comments about the GoodReader app above.)
- In the RIGHT panel, tap the gray bar "Web Downloads".
- In this RIGHT panel, in the gray section "New Downloads", tap "Enter URL".
- Enter the URL http://www.remm.nlm.gov/REMM.zip
Note: The final letters REMM must be capitalized.
- In the RIGHT panel, in the section "Downloads in Progress", watch as the "REMM.zip" file downloads. Depending on your Internet download speed, it may take a while for the large zip file to finish downloading. The downloaded "REMM.zip" file will be in the Recent Downloads section in the RIGHT panel when the download is complete. DO NOT tap that file.
- Notice in the LEFT panel ("My Documents") there is a blue folder named Downloads or a file named REMM.zip
- Tap the folder Downloads (if there is one), then tap the file REMM.zip
- When asked whether to unzip archive, tap "Unzip". Watch as "Unarchiving" progresses.
- If "Unarchiving" is successful, notice a new blue folder in the LEFT panel named "REMM".
- Tap the blue folder named "REMM".
- Tap the file named "Start_REMM.htm".
- Tap the link "Open REMM home page".
- This should open the REMM web site on your iPad.
- If your iPad is connected to the web, all the links to pages inside AND outside REMM WILL display successfully.
If you iPad is NOT connected to the web, all the internal links to other REMM pages WILL work, but all the links to pages or sites outside REMM will NOT work.
- Whenever you want to open REMM, open the GoodReader app first. On the LEFT panel, in My Documents > Downloads, open the blue folder REMM, then tap the file named "Start_REMM.htm", then tap the link "Open REMM home page".