Definitions of Medical Resource Availability for This Tool
- Categories defining resource availability used for this tool
- NORMAL: normal conditions
- GOOD: conditions allow for maintenance of "functionally-equivalent" care through contingency operations
- FAIR: conditions require delaying care for severe injuries after moderate injuries
- POOR: conditions require classifying severe injuries as expectant
- The IOM Letter Report uses only 3 conditions: Normal, Good, and Fair/Poor. See Response Resource Availability and Crisis Standards of Care.
Standards of Care Used by This Tool:
- Categories defining standards of care:
- Both the IOM Letter Report and the Nuclear Detonation Scarce Resources Working Group Triage Tool use 3 categories: conventional, contingency, crisis. See Response Resource Availability and Crisis Standards of Care.