Video: Radiological Dosimetry (2:02)
About this video:
This video was produced by the Department of Energy/Transportation Emergency Preparedness Program (TEPP) for their Modular Emergency Response Radiological Transportation Training (MERRTT) education project. REMM is grateful to TEPP for the opportunity to show this video, which is used as part of their comprehensive professional training program for responders.
- Source: DOE Transportation Emergency Preparedness Program (TEPP)
- Topics: types of personal dosimeters, direct reading dosimeters, thermoluminescent dosimeters, electronic dosimeters
- Video refers to Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) version 2000 for first responders
- Use of ERG 2016 version is preferred.
- These excellent videos (and guides) are generally targeted at those responding to transportation incidents with very few victims.
- Implementation of all the guidance recommendations may not be completely feasible for some of the very large, mass casualty incidents covered by REMM, such as an IND.
- These videos are included in a much more extensive DOE/TEPP/MERRT professional training program for transportation accident responders.