What's New on REMM?
- Key detailed guidance document from HHS for senior leaders managing the medical complexities of a nuclear detonation: A Decision Makers Guide: Medical Planning and Response for a Nuclear Detonation
- Links to 2 documents that supplement the Planning Guidance for Response to a Nuclear Detonation, Second Edition, 2010
- Major update of the REMM template / prototype for hospital orders during a radiation emergency. There is one order set for adults and another for children.
- The radiation detectors page has been completely redone to include much more detailed information. A new table describes and illustrates various types of detectors and their optimal use. The key references section provides new information about radiation detection devices and estimating dose in large radiation incidents when adequate detection resources may be scarce.
- The myeloid cytokines page has significant new information, including mention that Leukine (sargramostim) has been approved by the FDA for use with radiation-induced myelosuppression.
- The 3 key algorithms for clinical management of radiation exposure and contamination, (exposure, contamination, exposure + contamination), have been updated with new content and design.
- REMM has aggregated and updated information about Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- New multimedia assets have been added to the multimedia carousel; they help explain radiation and response issues
- The Protection Actions page has several changes, including a table comparing references values for emergency responder radiation safety
- Printable wall poster for the EAST Tool: “Exposure and Symptom Triage” to assess patients with potential radiation exposure during a large mass casualty incident
- New publications about using CBCs to estimate dose from exposure and use this information for triage.
- Link on the RDD page to new excellent monograph, Radiological Dispersal Device (RDD) Response Guidance, Planning for the first 100 Minutes, (DHS, NUSTL, NNSA, FEMA, November 2017)
- Descriptions of a new radiation incident response specialist: Radiological Operations Support Specialist (ROSS)
- Update to the REMM page for Planners including new national documents about strategies, plans, and national assets
- Updates to REMM’s Key Documents page
- Updates to REMM’s Biodosimetry page
- Updates to REMM's Antiemetics page
- Updates to REMM's Fever and Neutropenia page
- A new version of the Mobile REMM app, which contains selected pages from online REMM, was released in the App Store and Google Play Store. This new version reflects the content updates published on REMM online.
Previous updates for REMM